2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
2/3 cup lightly packed coconut sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tbls melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup plus 1 tbls water
1. Whisk to combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt in a medium bowl.
2. Add the chocolate chips and toss to combine.
3. Combine the coconut sugar, brown sugar, regular sugar, oil and water in a large bowl.
4. Whisk until the sugar has incorporated into the oil - approx 1-2 minutes.
5. Combine the Flour and Sugar mixture making sure that no more flour is visible. Be careful not to overdo it.
6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
7. Spoon the mixture into even 2 inch mounds on your baking tray.
8. Freeze the cookies on the pan for 30 minutes or chill for 24 hours in the fridge.
9. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
10. Bake cookies until the edges are just starting to turn golden, approx 14-17 minutes.
Recipe from Cookie + Kate