1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup skim milk
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1 large carrot, shredded (or 8ish baby carrots) around 2/3 cup shredded
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbls baking powder
1/3 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, egg and carrot together with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the flour and baking powder. (nb. you may need to turn the dough out and roll with your hands to work in the flour.)
5. Mix in the oats until the dough feels extremely thick and heavy.
6. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to approx 1/4" thickness.
7. Cut into shapes using the cookie cutter of your choice.
8. Arrange on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
Jocelyn from Dog's Breakfast Pet Food as kindly shared her recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies which are a hit both with dogs and people alike. For this recipe Jocelyn used our peace sign cookie cutter to cut out the cookies for a market where the theme was "peace".
1 cup plain white flour
1/4 cup Kellogg's All Bran cereal
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
4 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons chia seeds
1/3 cup water
Makes approximately 36 cookies
Store up to 3 weeks in an airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Thank you so much for sharing Jocelyn. Check out Jocelyn's Facebook page to stay up to date with what's news with this awesome business.