Free shipping on orders over $99
November 11, 2021
1 cup ground cinnamon
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup white school glue
Small bowl of water
1. Combine the cinnamon and apple sauce in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
2. Pour in the glue and stir until combined. It may be easier to knead the dough with your hands towards the end to incorporate any last bits of cinnamon.
3. Wrap the dough in glad wrap and let it sit for an hour to allow the glue to cure.
4. Preheat the oven to 90C.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Cut the dough in half and only work with one half at a time.
7. Roll out the dough to approximately 6mm thick. If cracks develop or the dough isn't smooth, rub in a little bit of water to help smooth it out.
8. Using your choice of cookie cutters, cut out as many ornament shapes as you can.
9. Use a drinking straw to cut out holes at the top. This will be used to thread your ribbon through for hanging the ornament.
10. Place pre-cut dough on the baking tray. You can place them close together as the ornaments won't spread during baking.
11. Bake for 2 hours. Flip over halfway through cooking to help cook thoroughly and prevent curling.
12. You will know when they are ready when they are slightly darker and hard to touch.
13. Transfer them to a cooling rack or leave on the tray to allow them to cool down and dry completely.
14. Decorate your ornaments using your imagination.
15. Tie ribbon or twang to hang.
Recipe from the Kitchn
Comments will be approved before showing up.