1/2 Cup Butter Softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, Room Temperature
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 3/4 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
1/4 Cup Copha
4-6 Tbls Water
Yellow, Orange, Green and Black Colour Mill food colouring
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
2. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into a creamed mixture.
3. Separate dough into 2 portions. Shape each into a disk, wrap with glad wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to approx. 60mm thick.
7. Cut with your choice of Halloween shaped cookie cutters.
8. Place cookies approx 5cm apart on the tray.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
10. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.
1. While cookies are cooling, beat confectioners' sugar, copha and enough water to reach spreading consistency.
2. Tint frosting with chosen Colour Mill food colouring and decorate cookies as desired.
3. Allow to stand until set.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com