1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
120g brown sugar
70g desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbls golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Mix the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and coconut in a bowl.
3. In a microwave safe bowl place butter, golden syrup and 2 tablespoons of cold water and heat for 3 minutes or until melted.
4. Stir through the baking soda.
5. Pour the wet mixture over the oat mixture and combine well.
6. Prepare the baking trays with baking paper.
5. Roll the mixture into balls - approximately 1 tablespoon each and place on prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly. (shape your anzac biscuits using an australian animal or the australia map for something a little different.)
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes for chewy texture of 12-15 minutes for crunchy.
Recipe sourced from Bake Play Smile