Free shipping on orders over $99
July 31, 2020
Preparation: 1 hour 10 minutes
100g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
75g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
200ml Guinness, plus extra for the icing
200g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 large free-range eggs
200g golden caster sugar
3 tbs sour cream
200g icing sugar
1. Cut the butter into cubes and chop the chocolate
2. Combine the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Put over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Alternatively, place in microwave. Remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Stir in the Guinness - don't worry if it seizes or splits, it'll come back together when mixed with the other ingredients.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.
5. Grease a 23cm cake tin with butter
6. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder until combined.
7. In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for about 3 minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
8. Beat half the chocolate mixture into the eggs until combined. Add half the flour and combine again. Repeat with the remaining flour and chocolate.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Each oven is different so set the alarm to 30 minutes to ensure the cake isn't burning.
10. Take the cake out of the oven, cool in the tin for 10 mins and then transfer to a wire rack.
1. Beat together the sour cream and icing sugar until smooth, then stir in 2 tablespoons of Guinness. If it becomes too loose, add more icing sugar.
2. Spread over the cooled cake.
3. Using the Cookie Cutter Shop Father's Day embossers, stamp the middle of the icing.
4. Serve straight away or store in fridge.
Recipe by Jamie Oliver
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 07, 2023
Indulge in the holiday spirit with Honey Cinnamon Cut Out Cookies! These delightful treats are a perfect blend of sweetness and warmth. Bake up a batch, and let the festive aroma fill your home.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!