Free shipping on orders over $99
October 28, 2021
460g ready-made round double unfilled sponge cake
1/3 cup pineapple juice
500ml mango sorbet (slightly softened)
1L tub softened vanilla custard ice cream
125g punnet blueberries
2/3 cup passionfruit pulp (approx 8 passionfruit)
100g packet mini meringues
3/4 cup whipped thickened cream
1 small mango, thinly sliced
Icing sugar to dust
1. Remove the sponge cake from the plastic packaging. Keep the packaging to use as a mould later.
2. Cut 2 x 50cm lengths of baking paper.
3. Spray 1 sheet of baking paper with oil and place the other sheet on top.
4. Fold in half lengthways and line the plastic mould, allowing paper collar to extend over the rim.
5. Use a large serrated knife to level the tops of both cakes.
6. Place 1 cake in the mould, cut side facing up.
7. Drizzle with 2 tbs of pineapple juice.
8. Spoon mango sorbet over cake layer and smooth the top.
9. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
10. Scoop half the ice-cream into a blender or food processor.
11. Add half of the blueberries and puree until smooth.
12. Spoon on top of mango layer and smooth the top.
13. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
14. Scoop remaining ice-cream into a large bowl and fold through 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp.
15. Arrange half of the meringues over the blueberry layer and spoon over passionfruit mixture. Smooth the top.
16. Add the second cake, cut side up, and gently press down. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbls pineapple juice.
17. Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
18. Using scissors, make 4 cuts down the side of the plastic mould and peel down.
19. Transfer the cake to a serving platter.
20. Peel off paper collar.
21. Spread whipped cream over the top of the cake, and decorate using sliced mango, remaining meringues, passionfruit pulp and blueberries. Dust with icing sugar.
Recipe from Taste.com.au
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!
September 03, 2023