115g unsalted butter, softened
50g caster sugar
130g plain flour
2 tbls cornflour
3 tsp ground ginger
1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced).
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
3. Beat the flour, cornflour and ground ginger together until it looks like wet sand.
4. Add the crystalized ginger and continue to beat until combined.
5. Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper until it is approx 8mm.
6. Use your choice of cookie cutter to cut the dough into shapes, rounds or squares.
7. Place the cookies on the baking trays approx 2cm apart and chill for 10minutes.
8. Remove the cookies from the fridge and place in the oven for approximately 14 minutes or until the edges start turning golden.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Recipe from Sugar Salt Magic