Free shipping on orders over $99
May 20, 2021
150g butter cut into cubes
150g dark brown sugar
450g sifted flour (cake flour is best but all purpose flour will also work)
1tsp baking soda
1tbls grounded ginger
1tbls ground cinnamon
1tbls mixed spice
Peanut Butter Mousse
120g sifted icing sugar
210g peanut butter
60g softened butter
60ml thickened cream
1 cup white marshmallows
1 tbsp water
1. Set up the electric mixer with the paddle attachment
2. Beat the butter and brown sugar together for 2-3 minutes on medium to high speed until light and fluffy
3. Add eggs and molasses, and beat on medium speed until combined and the mixture no longer looks separated. Approximately 3-5 minutes
4. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined
5. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic
6. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. If you have time it is best to let stand for 8 hours
7. Preheat oven to 180C.
8. Roll each piece of gingerbread out on a lightly floured surface. Each piece should be approximately 3mm thick
10. If you choose to use a round cookie cutter you can stamp a mini gingerbread man out of the middle of half the cookies (this will be the top)
11. Line the baking trays with baking paper
12. Place the cookies on the trays and place into the oven.
13. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until darkened around the edges
14. Cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks
Peanut Butter Mousse
1. Beat the icing sugar, peanut butter and butter for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy
2. Add the cream and beat for another 1 minute
3. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round nozzle ready to assemble.
You can watch our Piping bag tip here
1. Place the marshmallow into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high heat for 30 seconds or until just melted
2. Stir through water and set aside
1. Pipe 1-2tbls of the peanut butter mousse into each cookie base (without the gingerbread man stamped out)
2. Top with a spoonful of the marshmallow frosting
3. Add the top cookie (the one with the gingerbread man stamped) and sandwich together
Recipe credits Morgan Hipworth
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 07, 2023
Indulge in the holiday spirit with Honey Cinnamon Cut Out Cookies! These delightful treats are a perfect blend of sweetness and warmth. Bake up a batch, and let the festive aroma fill your home.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!