Free shipping on orders over $99
January 17, 2023
2/3 cup plain flour
1/3 cup corn flour
3/2 cup caster sugar
60g butter, melted
4 tbs strawberry jelly crystals
2 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 cups fine desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC and prepare a tray 20cm x 30cm with grease-proof paper.
2. Sift the flours together and set aside.
3. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy and doubled in size. Gently mix through the four, making sure it is well incorporated.
4. Pour in the butter slowly and then fold carefully through.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 18-20 mins or until soft and spongy to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
6. Using a heart cookie cutter (or any other shape you would like to try), cut the sponge into heart shapes.
7. To make the icing, place the butter and jelly crystals in a bowl. Pour over 1/2 cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve butter. Sift in icing sugar and whisk until smooth. Set aside for 1 hour to cool and thicken.
8. Dip each sponge heart into the icing until completely coated and then roll in desiccated coconut.
Recipe and Image from McKenzie's Foods
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!
September 03, 2023