Free shipping on orders over $99
August 27, 2020
4-5 eggs, 220g weighed
500g icing sugar
1 tbls cleaned and slightly roasted star anise
1 tbls cherry brandy (optional)
1. Beat the eggs and sugar thoroughly until the mixture turns in to an airy creme.
2. Knead the anise and flour into it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. While the dough is still slightly sticky, divide in to 4 even portions.
4. Lightly dust with flour so that the dough feels like silk. Roll it out to a thickness of 8-10mm.
5. Dust the Springerle with flour.
6. Lightly press the Springerle into the dough until the mould cavity is sufficiently filled.
7. Cut out the mould image with a suitable cookie cutter.
8. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
9. Place the Springerle on the tray and leave for 12-24 hours (dependant on size) in an even temperature to dry. If you are concerned about temperature you can leave on the bottom shelf of the fridge.
10. Set the oven to 150-160 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes. The picture should remain white while the base turns slightly brown in colour.
11. A successful Springerle will be soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
Recipe supplied by Springerle.com
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 07, 2023
Indulge in the holiday spirit with Honey Cinnamon Cut Out Cookies! These delightful treats are a perfect blend of sweetness and warmth. Bake up a batch, and let the festive aroma fill your home.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!