Free shipping on orders over $99
October 04, 2022
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 - 1/2 cup icing sugar (unsifted)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour (unsifted),
or 2/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup cornstarch
pinch of salt
170grams semi-sweet or dark chocolate
2 tablespoons high quality Copha
1 1/2 tablespoons light molasses
1. Whisk sugar, flour and salt together.
2. Cut butter in to small pieces and add to flour mixture
3. With your hands work the butter into flour until thoroughly mixed.
4. Knead the dough on an un-floured board until nice and smooth.
5. Dust your Springerle mould with flour and press the dough into the mould.
6. Gently release dough from the mould by prying the edges loose and place on lined cookie sheets and chill in the freezer for 10min.
7. Bake at 162 degrees celsius for 20mins (longer for large cookies).
8. Once cookies have baked and cooled, melt the chocolate backing ingredients over low heat, being careful not to get any water into the mixture. Stir gently to blend.
9. Remove the melted ingredients from the heat.
10. Dip cookies into chocolate or brush chocolate on the backs of the cookies. Place cookies on a drying rack to set.
Recipe and image from House on the Hill
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 07, 2023
Indulge in the holiday spirit with Honey Cinnamon Cut Out Cookies! These delightful treats are a perfect blend of sweetness and warmth. Bake up a batch, and let the festive aroma fill your home.
November 14, 2023
Indulge in the best of both worlds with this Gingerdoodle cookie recipe. A magical mix of gingerbread and snickerdoodles. It’s the ultimate festive combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight! Get into the holiday baking spirit and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. Share the love with friends and family!
October 03, 2023
Halloween Flavour Alert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies! Embrace the spooky vibes with our mouthwatering spiced pumpkin cookies recipe. These cookies are perfectly spiced and oh-so-delicious, making them the ultimate Halloween treat. For that extra festive touch, consider investing in a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and elevate your Halloween baking game!