1 large egg (room temperature)
1/3 cup almond butter
1/2 cup softened coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup superfine almond flour
1/3 cup shredded coconut
3 1/4 cups rolled oats
3/4 finely diced red apple
2 tbsp puffed quinoa (optional)
2 tbsp chopped dried apples (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Line a large baking tray with baking paper
3. Whisk the egg, almond butter and coconut oil in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Beat until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in the flour followed by the coconut and oats.
6. Mix well until everything is combined.
7. Fold in the apple and any other add ins you would like.
8. Using a 1/4 cup or large tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on the baking tray.
9. Pat the top down to flatten slightly.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
11. Allow to cool on baking tray before storing. Cookies can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer in a sealed bag.
Other ingredients to use when making these cookies - freeze dried strawberries, choc chips, ripe mashed bananas or apricot and pistachio. You can view all of these on Life Made Sweeter here.
Recipe sourced from Life Made Sweeter.