1 pinch of salt
1 lemon - grated zest
500g plain flour
1 egg yolk
1 tbls milk for brushing
1. Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
2. Add salt and egg gradually while still beating.
3. Add lemon zest
4. Add sifted flour
5. Knead all together to form a dough.
6. Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven to 200C.
8. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface.
9. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter of your choice.
10. Place cookies on a baking sheet and put back in the fridge to set again.
11. Beat remaining egg yolk and milk.
12. Brush cookies with egg mix.
13. Sprinkle course granulated sugar on top (optional).
14. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.